Friday, July 5, 2013

Red Coat, the other kind

I've become just a tad obsessed with the TZ color scheme. I want to paint everything red and white, and I'm going to start here.

I couldn't get the frame to stop rusting since I've been grinding on it, so I decided instead of touching up all the bare metal with black rattle cans I'd go ahead and shoot the thing red. I have every intention of redoing the paint because I still have to do some frame chopping ahead of me. We'll call this a mockup, a test to confirm the color scheme.

 Stripped

I was working on a friends bike and went ahead and shot my tank at the same time. Took a few layers of primer and a few days to get it all smooth on the top, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Once the thing's mostly back together I'll take a nice side shot and play with the graphics until I get something that's worth shooting on the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment