Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two steps back

Like my new headlight?
...Kidding, I bought it from a scooter store from a Sachs MadAss. It will be tucked behind a fairing on SixtyNine. It's the smallest I could find.

Didn't get a whole lot done last night, but what I did discover is worth mentioning


The thing was oil starved when it melted down. The 360 is apparently fairly infamous for this issue so I'm going to do what I can to try and alleviate it.

When they designed this motor they at one point were planning on oiling that center journal. As you can see in this picture there's a passageway cast into the head itself for this purpose:


Now I've just got to do the same thing to the good one.

2 comments:

  1. 69 and loud bike are really detracting from the RC30 clone. I think you need to get your priorities realigned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your just biased. It's sunny out and Loudbike's the closest thing I've got to road worthy. Gas is almost at $3.50 now, I've got to get off four wheels.

    ReplyDelete