Monday, July 8, 2013

The storm

There's your' problem, these cases ain't screwed together.

Kevin, in the midst of some lapping action

Jason shining up some valves

Skyler and Jeremy working, and working, and working on fitting up the swinger. This one should be sweet.

Anthony being artsy with the camera

Me playing with the gear stacks, looks like it will work out just fine.

My favorite poster

Junior attempting to straighten an intake valve. It was a valiant effort, but by the time he got it straight, it had shrunk too much. New set ordered and on its way from DCC as I type this.

The only type of beer you're likely to find at my place. But at least there's lots of it.

Done for the day and a beautiful day to ride.

...I wish I had a motorcycle.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The morning before the storm.

...the good kind of storm.

Since I finally had (Thought I had) all the stuff that I needed to put the thing together, what better to do but get all my friends together, feed them all caffeine, and build an effin' bike.

But first, we lunch:
 Some of you may already be familiar with Junior Burrell and his Green Monster, if not, click ( because you should be.

Go Kate!

This is Kates' who the hell is that creep taking pictures of us face.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Speed bump

Everything was going great. I was moving forward, the bike was coming together, and all was good.

...and then, I found this:

Those dogs are junk, fork is possibly reusable, drum is possibly reusable. I tried to find another one of these gears everywhere. I even bought up a whole new basket full of 750 transmission off ebay trying to get one. Same exact problem with that one.

But, with a little help from the good folks over at the SOHC4 Forum I've finally got one and after several months of complete dead stop on this project. I'm charging ahead again.

Life is good.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Red Coat, the other kind

I've become just a tad obsessed with the TZ color scheme. I want to paint everything red and white, and I'm going to start here.

I couldn't get the frame to stop rusting since I've been grinding on it, so I decided instead of touching up all the bare metal with black rattle cans I'd go ahead and shoot the thing red. I have every intention of redoing the paint because I still have to do some frame chopping ahead of me. We'll call this a mockup, a test to confirm the color scheme.


I was working on a friends bike and went ahead and shot my tank at the same time. Took a few layers of primer and a few days to get it all smooth on the top, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Once the thing's mostly back together I'll take a nice side shot and play with the graphics until I get something that's worth shooting on the tank.