Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Carb loading

One of the things that Squid gained in her travels is another bank of carbs.
Skyler (the latest owner before I finally bought it back) had discovered that one of the carbs had the slow jet snapped off inside the body. So he sourced a new set, I just need to rebuild them.

Not much to this, just take the old ones out and put the new ones in.
One thing that I discovered about the Super Sport kit that I think is pretty cool are these little individual filters on each valve.
And something that I found the I don't like is that you have to take the entire slide mechanism apart to adjust the needle. I stopped here so that I could run to B&A Industrial supply for new stainless allen bolts.
because if I have to take this thing apart each time I want to adjust the needle the phillips aren't going to cut it.
Back together with all new brass
You'll just have to trust me on that. I popped them on and I've got a runner, for the first time in probably a decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment