Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Breaking brakes


And this is what it looks like in real life:


Here's the biggest concern:
I don't know how one can manage to trash sliders like this but I can imagine it leading to a sticky brake in the future as it shreds the boots. All of them seemed too tight or dirty, this was a good project I think I'll be able to make some solid improvements here.



These were tricky to get out, I had to use a rubber tipped air gun in the fluid inlet to blow them out, the trick is getting them to come out at the same time so that when the first one pops out the second is almost out so you can work it the last bit. Really you could just take one out at a time and clean them individually... but then I wouldn't have been able to get this nice picture. It was all really a bit unnecessary by the end of it because by the time I got them out I had drenched the whole caliper in WD40 and rubbed all over them pretty thoroughly so when they came out they were already clean.

Ready to go back in:

Some of the parts will get a little clean up and be ready for re assembly. Such as:
I don't like the rough edges on parts like this, they catch dirt like mad and look sloppy.


Better

No comments:

Post a Comment