Given that my rear disk is running out of round I figured there's no better time than the present for a little tear down and inspection.
It took me a few days to track down the right tools for the job, the rear nut holding the entire assembly together is a monster 46mm. Through a little research I discovered that 46mm is just a hair off of 1&13/16" and since 46mm impact sockets are made out of forged unicorn testicles and priced and distributed accordingly I went on the lookout for a 1&13/16" tool. Given that I'd have to buy not only a socket but also an adapter to use my 1/2" drive impact wrench on the 3/4" socket, I decided that the more economical way to go would be a box end wrench. $40 later no dice, the wrench is a 12 point and the nut's not only shallow, but also aluminum so 140+lbs of torque is more likely to round it out than remove it. Back to the hardware store for what I should have bought in the first place.
...and I'm good to go. It still wasn't easy, I ended up damaging the face of the sprocket hub a bit with the repeated hammering.
After that it was a breeze, actually shockingly so, nothing was bound up, nothing was bent, nothing was even very dirty. The spindle eccentric was a bit chewed up though, I think that the PO thought that he was supposed to adjust the chain tension without loosening the pinch bolt.