Not like BANG, more like a balloon.
I painted my old Monster when I sold it to a girl in Dallas:
She was thrilled with it when I delivered it to her, but a couple of months later I got a call from her that there was a problem with the paint. So I headed back down there to see what I could do for her.
What a nightmare. I've never had anything like this happen, but I suspect I was trying to push the process too much. There're three coats in this job, a base, a candy, and a clear. I think I didn't give enough cure time to the candy.
The tank was the only place that it happened, so I took the bike back, stripped it back down to the plastic, and started over.
This time I gave the candy a week total to dry before laying down the clear.
So far so good